On December 31st, 2020 in Hanoi, the Institute of Construction Economics – Ministry of Construction (ICE/MOC) together with Viet Land Investment Consulting and Construction Joint Stock Company (VILANDCO) and Graphisoft Company (in Hungary) have signed a Cooperation Agreement to promote the potentials and strengths of all three parties with the aim of supporting the development, application and implementation of Building Information Modeling (BIM) in construction activities in Vietnam.
Attending the signing ceremony were Director of the Institute of Construction Economics – Ministry of Construction, Representative of Graphisoft Company, Director of Viet Land Investment Consulting and Construction Joint Stock Company (Vilandco), representatives of some agency and press reporters in Hanoi.
According to the cooperation agreement, the parties are determined to be partners with each other with the aim of supporting the development, application and implementation of BIM (Building Information Modeling) in Construction activities in Vietnam. At the same time, the parties agreed to implement some specific contents as follows:
- GRAPHISOFT & VILANDCO will provide continuous information throughout the implementation of the memorandum based on the world’s best approaches to support BIM implementation in Vietnam.
- In 2021, GRAPHISOFT & VILANDCO will organize seminars on BIM with the participation of BIM experts under the support of ICE/MOC, through which can provide BIM application techniques.
- ICE/MOC will create conditions for BIM experts of GRAPHISOFT & VILANDCO to join the Advisory Group to conduct BIM policies and regulations consultation.
- GRAPHISOFT & VILANDCO will organize training courses for participants who are BIM experts, architects, engineers of ICE/MOC network to improve their professional capacity.
- GRAPHISOFT & VILANDCO will work with ICE/MOC to implement training activities, organize seminars, and BIM competitions to raise awareness for students and lecturers of universities in Vietnam.
The cooperation agreement between the three parties – Institute of Construction Economics – Ministry of Construction (ICE/MOC), Viet Land Investment Consulting & Construction Joint Stock Company (VILANDCO) and Graphisoft Company – is a necessary step to creating a premise to promote the development, application and deployment of BIM technology in construction activities in Vietnam, with a focus on training high-quality human resources, proficient in relevant skills to BIM at many levels from basic to advanced, managed through the world’s leading BIM software of GRAPHISOFT.
According to the opinion of the BIM Steering Committee, the application of BIM technology in construction activities will contribute to the implementation of the Government’s goals in improving the quality and efficiency of the construction investment process, saving resources. resources, reduce waste to society, use and manage urban resources effectively. For state management agencies on construction and urban areas, through the building information model, there will be an overview, specific about the appropriateness of planning, architecture, and low connection. Technical floors serving the process of appraisal, planning, architectural plans and construction permits, reducing waste of time, documents and documents submitted for approval; simplifying the storage of work and project records; reduce time to research and approve licensing records; serving very effectively the inspection and examination of construction works because the work’s information is shown logically, fully and intuitively. BIM benefits all parties involved in construction activities such as investors, design consultants, project managers, construction contractors, and construction operators.