Façades are typically designed as barriers to separate the inside of a building and its occupants from outside weather conditions. However, from an energy and environmental design point of view, they are intricate systems that impact a building’s energy performance and occupant comfort. Modern facades are required to optimise and balance a wide range of considerations including daylight, shading, acoustics, solar gains, thermal insulation, and ventilation. Also, technological advancements have resulted in integrated facades having dynamic glazing, movable shading, and even electricity generation.
In the webinar on 07 June 2022, we will look at various simple and complex façade systems and show you how to model their performance in DesignBuilder. The webinar will cover:
- Façade systems and integrated façade design requirements.
- Modelling of simple facades with glazing, shading and vents.
- Access to the International Glazing Database library.
- Dynamic shading, airflow control windows and dynamic glazing including thermochromic windows and Saint-Gobain’s electrochromic SageGlass systems
- Building Integrated Photovoltaics (BIPVs), Double Skins and other advanced facades
Register for the Webinar: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/8896393095013798413?source=NL1